[Sca-cooks] OOP What I ate in Atlanta ...

rattkitten rattkitten at bellsouth.net
Sun May 24 18:40:11 PDT 2009

This reminds me of the glorious discovery we found that occurs in
Atlanta on Labor Day Weekends... Turns out that DragonCon (Sci Fi
Convention) runs at exactly the same time that "Midtown Restaurant Week"
runs in Atlanta.... So far the past 2-3 years at this Convention that
most people eat at McDonald's for we have been eating at some 4-5 star
restaurants... Funniest thing is is that by doing this we have actually
been saving about $150.00 for that weekend because the fixed price menus
are $50.00 per person. And we had in the past racked up some hellacious
dinner bills.  (ok for us... $200.00 for dinner for 2) ((Now yes I know
that that is a moderate amount for some but it was the most we had
spent))  BTW if you do live in Atlanta.... I do recommend hitting any of
those weeks... I think that there are 3, Downtown, Midtown. and Uptown.
(I could be wrong on that though... I am 100% sure that there is at
least 2...) Sounds like the Gladys Knight's restaurant was a success for
you do you remember the name of it and just how far is it from the Hyatt
International on Peachtree St?   Better still what is the rest of the
menu?  Was it basically what we call down here "Soul Food"?  If so I
could pass on it although it would be cool to say that I had been to her
restaurant.... It isn't that I  dislike "Soul Food" it is simply that I
can either cook it myself or hit one of our restaurants here locally...
just wondering.
Sorry I guess that I am Rambling Guy Tonight...
Nichola