[Sca-cooks] Recommendations for Middle Latin dictionariesa

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Mon Nov 2 06:44:40 PST 2009

Salvete

I'm progressing with my translation of the Omnia cibaria, but have run into a wall when it comes to dctionaries. the local library only has the usual Lating tomes that refer to the Classical corpus with a heavy literary bias.

Does anyone know what article, dictionary or other publication I ought to be looking for to find specifically culinary or medical/botanical Middle Latin terms? I've used the glossary in Miranda green's Trotula and a few other books I have here, but I may be able to ILL something once I know what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Giano