[Sca-cooks] Minor rant Re: An Event Without a Feast, was Cookery book at Longleat House?

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 05:33:43 PST 2009

I don't think anyone meant this as a slam to other parts of the country.  I
have either lived in or visited most parts of this country and have found
hospitality wherever I have gone.  Yes, I was raised in the tradition of
southern hospitality as well...but I think that it's more a matter of what
we want to do personally.

I also don't think that our having feasts is part of that heritage.  We were
originally a part of the East Kingdom and many of our "traditions" are
inherited from those folks.  Among those is the tradition of having feasts
at most of our events.

Kiri

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 10:55 PM, Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius <
adamantius1 at verizon.net> wrote:

> Hmmm. I started to reply to Helen's post, discarded it, and will now try
> again. The short version is, in spite of the fact that I have probably spent
> less than three weeks south of the Mason-Dixon line in my life, I don't seem
> to recall ever hearing around here that a reason not to have a feast at an
> event was lack of desire to do so.

<snip>