[Sca-cooks] Cow harness

Holly Stockley hollyvandenberg at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 11 10:51:40 PST 2009

Actually, historically "ox" as a term is not gender specific.   Bulls, steers, and cows were all known by that term when used as draft animals.  Though most often steers are used, since they are a happy medium between the (relative) docility of cows with the strength of bulls.  One of my technicians has some calves she intends to break to harness and use as oxen - both are cows.
Femke

- Douglas Adams