[Sca-cooks] was cheap, now expensive foods

Craig Daniel teucer at pobox.com
Wed Nov 11 22:06:33 PST 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Stefan li Rous
<StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> <<< Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Maybe. I can still find bonelsss ribs on sale cheaper than chunks of
> meat meant for stews.
>
> how can you have boneless ribs?
>
> Emma >>>
>
> Lol. Good question. I'm not sure exactly what part they are from. The meat
> between the ribs? But that is what they are labeled on the package of meat.
> When I buy "stew meat" that's pretty unknown as well.

I don't think I've ever actually eaten a rib, myself, but I happily
claim to have eaten some damn fine ribs in my time.

Presumably, it's the intercostal muscles, which are the ones we are
eating when we say we're having ribs.

(Also: the diagrams of the intercostals in my anatomy textbook are
disturbingly appetizing.)

 - Jaume