[Sca-cooks] Sugar free pecan pie recipe

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Nov 18 20:46:33 PST 2009

Kiri commented:

<<< You know, I have a recipe for Lemon Chess Pie (a southern
delicacy) that has
a base similar to that of pecan pie.  I may take a crack at adapting
this
recipe to that one.  I'll let you know if I succeed! >>>

Please do! I've been sorely tempted when I see those Lemon Chess or
Buttermilk Pies in the grocery store...but just too many carbs and
easily absorbable sugars. :-(

But with Thanksgiving dinners coming up in a short while, maybe I'll
try this pecan pie.

Pecan pie seems to be another fusion dish or Old and New World
ingredients. Is there anything close from period? Or is that too much
sugar even for the Elizabethans?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com