[Sca-cooks] History -- pecan pie recipe

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Nov 19 11:57:27 PST 2009

Do you actually have a traditional recipe for pecan pie from
say 1910-1940 that says it serves 12-20?

(Can you even cut an 8 or 9 inch pie that thinly?)

I would guess that appetites were rather hearty then and that a pecan
pie served
6-8. Wouldn't a hostess serving pecan pie and cutting it in so many
small slices be seen
as miserly? Scrooge-like?
If you went to a restaurant and ordered a slice and they gave you one
twentieth of a pie, wouldn't you be upset?

What actual evidence can you offer in terms of serving instructions or
actual recipes?

Johnnae