[Sca-cooks] History -- pecan pie recipe

Kingstaste kingstaste at comcast.net
Thu Nov 19 13:05:28 PST 2009

Probably more like 16.  With cheesecake, it might go as high as 24, but that
would be out of a 12 inch pan, not a 9 inch pie shell.
As a matter of fact, there are guides used in pastry shops that are circles
with a central handle, and they have teeth that stick down. You gently touch
the teeth to the top of a round cake or pie and it gives you cutting guides
to get exact cuts, which is especially handy when cutting such small wedges.
I remember working with various ones that were set to mark out 6,8,12,16,20,
and 24 slices. I'm doing just as well on the terminology for this widget as
I was earlier on the fudgy cake, but I have a question in to a friend of
mine that is a pastry chef, so I can probably turn up a picture of it soon.
Searching for 'pie portion cutting guide' isn't getting it. :)
Christianna