[Sca-cooks] Passover cakes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Nov 19 19:52:06 PST 2009

Christianna mentioned:
  "I often call them tortes or Passover cakes!!!"

To which Jaume replied:
"I usually see them called "flourless chocolate cakes" - which is a
totally different beast from gluten-free cakes, "

Okay, what is/are the passover restrictions? I thought this was no
leavening, but maybe that is a different holiday. You can make cakes
with flour without leavening, right, (or do you get a rock?)? Or a
flourless cake with leavening?

On a "flourless" chocolate cake, is that really flourless, or just
made with no wheat flour?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com