[Sca-cooks] Best way to make almond milk?

bronwynmgn at aol.com bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sun Nov 22 08:37:02 PST 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim and Andi <jimandandi at cox.net>
To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Sun, Nov 22, 2009 8:00 am
Subject: [Sca-cooks] Best way to make almond milk?

I have read so many ways to make almond milk, both modern and medieval.
I'm wondering what you all think is the best way to get rich almond milk
or a Lenten recipe. I'm testing the Genestada recipe from Sent Sovi.

We just put the almonds in the food processor, chop them up a bit, add warm water and whiz them around for a while, dump them into cheesecloth, and squeeze the heck out of them.  We'll usually put the same almons back in with more warm water until it starts to look thin, then discard half and add more fresh almonds and continue the process.

Brangwayna Morgan.