[Sca-cooks] OOP: Brown Sugar Question

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 30 15:41:59 PST 2009

>On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 11:38 PM, Judith Epstein <judith at ipstenu.org> wrote:
>  > Uncle Joe was an old man who made the best molasses cookies (treacle
>  > biscuits) in Marblehead, Massachusetts.
>[snip]
>  > 1/4 C rum (or milk, if you're anti-rum)
>
>Away, away, with rum, by gum,
>Rum by gum, rum by gum
>Away, away, with rum, by gum,
>The song of the Temperance Union.
>
>We never eat cookies because they have yeast,
>And one little bite turns a man to a beast.
>Oh, can you imagine the utter disgrace
>Of a man in the gutter with crumbs on his face?

And still in keeping with the season and sentiment:

We never eat fruitcake because it has rum,
And one little bite turns a man to a bum.
Oh, can you imagine a sorrier sight
Than a man eating fruitcake until he gets tight?

Of course, the thought of a man-eating fruitcake is a bit disturbing...
--
Someone sometimes called Urtatim