[Sca-cooks] My "Roman Meal" display at A and S

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 30 15:50:10 PST 2009

Cheri or Anne wrote:
>Just an FYI..lovage tastes like very strong celery.? I have two tall
>plants?that I grow here and can tell you a little lovage goes a LONG
>way.

In my experience, fresh lovage leaves tasted like strong celery with
a hint of menthol. Couldn't match the menthol, but i substituted
Chinese parsley because it is composed only of thin leafy stalks, and
no thick crunchy parts, with a flavor closer to lovage than regular
celery.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita