[Sca-cooks] Preserving peaches

Cheri or Anne celticcheri at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 7 14:36:33 PST 2009

A late frost (in spring) is when it freezes after the trees have bloomed and thus kills the buds which would have produced fruit at the end of the season.

An early frost (in fall) can damage already grown fruit that is just needing more time to ripen completely.

Hope that clears it up...learning the hard way in Washington state.

Cheri

Go softly and gently for those you meet here will be
those you know hereafter."

--- >