[Sca-cooks] IKA: Kingdom funding feast (was Minor rant Re: An Event Without a Feast, was Cookery book at Longleat House?)

Antonia Calvo ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Mon Nov 9 12:46:12 PST 2009

lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

>>  That's certainly the norm here -- Kingdom doesn't really run Kingdom
>>  events at all.  Local groups bid for Kingdom events, and local
>> groups do
>>  all the organisational work.
>

> There is no bidding for events here.
>
> There's a general knowledge of what it is reasonable to spend for
> certain types of events and of how much money they will make. So the
> idea is to make a little money if possible to cover those times when
> an event loses money.
>
> Feasts are not supposed to cost more than $600 (that's for food plus
> cooking supplies and kitchen clean-up supplies), but can if they're
> very popular - this is up to the feast cook. Hall rental and clean up
> is separate and up to the autocrat.

Ah, I think I haven't made that clear-- the bidding process isn't
financial in nature, although it does include budgets.  Kingdom events
are allocated on the basis of who makes the best event proposal (bid).

Stewards usually budget feast expenses on a per-head basis.  A food
budget of $NZ10-13/head is probably par for the course (now that the
commodities bubble has deflated a little).  The most I've ever had was
$NZ20/head (and something like 125 feasters).

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?