[Sca-cooks] Barberries

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Nov 12 21:42:29 PST 2009

<<< Barberries can be found in Middle Eastern and Persian grocery
stores on occasion.  There are several recipes in the 1549 Italian
cookbook the Libro Novo that use them.  I rather like them in
moderation.

                                                   Master B >>>

Thank you. I'll have to try to find some the next time I'm in a Middle
Eastern or Persian grocery store. Are these likely to be in cans,
jars, dried in bags, or what?  At least these I can figure out how to
use them, either fresh or otherwise. Some foods, pickled, in various
mixes and others I'm not sure how to use.

Are you new to this list? Care to introduce yourself?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com