[Sca-cooks] Le Gateau Victoire Chocolat, Mousseline

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 20 17:41:27 PST 2009

Johnnae mentioned:
<<< One of the first recipes that I remember for these was Julia Child's
Le Gateau Victoire Chocolat, Mousseline which appeared in Julia Child
& Company in 1978. It was described as
"Chocolate mouse dessert cake." No flour, no starch... just chocolate,
rum, coffee, eggs, whipping cream and vanilla. "a dessert confection"

Oh, wow. That sounds wonderful. And perhaps fairly low in carbs...

And that is supposed to be "mousse". I was wondering when I saw that.
However, I found quite a number of recipes when I searched on this
recipe name. Some are very poorly translated? and/or proofread. And
since the same errors get seen in multiple sites, there must be a lot
of copying from one site to another, without any proofreading. grumble.

Anyway, not so low carb since sugar does show up in the actual
recipes. I may try this with a sugar substitute.

<<< I would accept mousseline as an appropriate term.  Thanks!
Christianna >>>

Oh, and while you can find these recipes using the entire recipe name
"mousseline" by itself gets you definitions of sauces, filmy fabric
and other items but not rich, chocolate cakes.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com