[Sca-cooks] OT Judith has an SCA name!

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 06:38:17 PST 2009

I understand what you are trying to do.  However, unfortunately, the College
of Heralds will only register names that can be documented.  So...unless you
can locate another source, you may have trouble registering a name that's
not in this list.  Our sources for non-European names in general is limited,
especially with regard to minority populations, which a Jewish person in the
Middle East would be.  I know one person who has a Jewish Khazar persona
and, if he agrees, I can put you in touch with him.

Also, I suspect that the names on the Cairo list are probably a good
sampling of names that were widely used at that time.  Yes, it's a small
group, but I suspect a fairly representative group.

Kiri
  (former Principal Herald of Atlantia...so I have a little experience in
this area!)