[Sca-cooks] Vacuum food savers

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 1 17:07:53 PST 2009

On Nov 1, 2009, at 7:23 PM, Deborah Hammons wrote:

> Which one would you buy if you could choose?
>
> Aldyth

I'm not sure what's available now, but I've had a FoodSaver (I think
was made by Tilia, but now owned by Sunbeam) for a couple of years, am
and have been very happy with it.

My primary purpose for it is quick marinating and curing meat and
fish, but I did pack several packets of salt-cod fiskeboller for next
weekend.

I like the new upright models; mine is flat, and takes up a lot of
room on a table or counter, leaving less room to manipulate the pouch
of food being sealed; I suspect the upright models allow for less of
the clumsiness factor.

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter