[Sca-cooks] persimmon

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 13:42:36 PST 2009

I tried a bite of one - the squat darker kind not the more "acorn" shaped
one.  My mouth immediately dried up and my tongue felt 3 times its size.  It
was alarming.  My father-in-law said it might be a reaction because I had
had a sip of red wine and sometimes they don't mix but it has kept me from
trying persimmon until last month when I cautiously took a bite and had no
reaction.

I'm still leary of them and prefer to stay away from them but at least now I
don't think I'm going to die if I eat a piece.
shoshanna