[Sca-cooks] Cookery book at Longleat House?

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 05:12:18 PST 2009

You know, I have to wonder why they price these books so highly.  You'd
think they would understand, with the current interest in Medieval and
Renaissance cookbooks, that they would sell many more if they would manage
to keep the cost at a reasonable level.  I know that a similar situation
existed when "A Soup for the Qan" was published.  The authors were not
pleased with the fact that Kegan Paul set the price at such a high figure
that most folks couldn't afford it.

I know a lot of work goes into getting a book like this ready to publish,
but they would stand a better chance at getting their investment back if the
price were more reasonable.  Sigh.  I'd love to have a copy, but there is no
way I could afford anything like this...and I don't know of many people who
can!

Kiri