[Sca-cooks] Cookery book at Longleat House?

Judith Epstein judith at ipstenu.org
Sun Nov 8 05:16:02 PST 2009

On 8 Nov 2009, at 7:12 AM, Elaine Koogler wrote:

> I know a lot of work goes into getting a book like this ready to
> publish,
> but they would stand a better chance at getting their investment
> back if the
> price were more reasonable.  Sigh.  I'd love to have a copy, but
> there is no
> way I could afford anything like this...and I don't know of many
> people who
> can!
>
> Kiri

I don't think it's at all a good thing that the price is so high, but
if there are a lot of interested cooks in your kingdom, might the
kingdom spring for a copy, then allow individual cooks to get copies
of various recipes at, say, $0.05 per page plus postage? They'd recoup
that, I suspect, in fairly short order, as long as the cooks who got
those recipes didn't then post them online where people could snag
them for free.

Judith / no SCA name yet
Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg