[Sca-cooks] Cookery book at Longleat House?

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Sun Nov 8 08:55:54 PST 2009

Judith wrote:
 >I don't think it's at all a good thing that the price is so high, but
 >if there are a lot of interested cooks in your kingdom, might the
 >kingdom spring for a copy, then allow individual cooks to get copies
 >of various recipes at, say, $0.05 per page plus postage?

I think there might be a law against doing so.  Someone who's a
seneschal might be better able to respond, but I know that at Pennsic,
at least, the State Dinner has to be privately funded because it's
available to only a select group of people and not to everyone.  I'm not
sure where copies are currently available at $0.05 a page.  My local
copy center, which used to be cheaper than Kinko's, is up to $0.09 a page.

Alys K.
--
Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com