[Sca-cooks] Comparison for Perspective (was: Cookery book at Longleat House?)

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 11:36:27 PST 2009

I guess what I was trying to say is that I really don't understand why they,
particularly the cookbooks that are not really facsimiles, but rather
transliterations with, perhaps, redactions of the recipes, are so
expensive.  A facsimile of the Book of Kells at that price is way too
expensive for what it is as well.  One precept of marketing is that you sell
more copies of a thing if you price it down where folks can afford it.

The only reason I can see for these high prices is snob appeal.  In this day
and age, a facsimile copy of the Book of Kells shouldn't be that expensive
to reproduce...unless they have a bunch of people hand copying the book.

I just annoys me to see books that could be of so much help in what we do
priced beyond what we can afford!

Kiri