[Sca-cooks] Minor rant Re: An Event Without a Feast, was Cookery book at Longleat House?

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Mon Nov 9 11:34:00 PST 2009

hey all from Anne-Marie

I love interkingdom anthropology :)

I think its important to remember that the word "feast" can have very different connoations to different
people based on what they're used to, etc.

to me, a "feast" is an event that you sit down at a table and food, prepared by someone else, is brought to
you. It is often a multi course meal and to my mind, requires certain standards in terms of authenticity and
panache :)

other food options can include the buffet line, a potluck, a dinner (ie a simpler meal, single course), bbq,
lunch counter, bag lunches, a la carte, merchants, bake sale, tavern/bar with snacks...the list goes on and on.

but to me, none of these are a FEAST. they are food and lovely to have but not a feast.

do we have events without a feast at them? you bet. do we have events without food being offered at them? yes,
but rarely.

--Anne-Marie