[Sca-cooks] History -- pecan pie recipe

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Nov 19 13:38:14 PST 2009

I know about those cutters. They are called pie dividers.

But in general between 1910 and 1940 which is
the period under discussion (in terms of historical pecan pie recipes
and history) how many slices would have been sliced from say the
Texas Pecan Pie? Leave out modern buffets or modern low carb, no sugar/
dietary considerations, eat only two bites of dessert diets, etc.
and look at the actual recipes. What was the intended yield?

My point to Judith was that these recipes were intended to serve 6-8.

What pre- WWII evidence can be produced that says make them and cut them
into 16-20 servings?

Johnnae