[Sca-cooks] recipes for plantains?

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 16:59:05 PST 2009

I have a cuban receipt for plantains, fry them in butter and add cinnammon,
ginger, a little vanilla and rum, wonderful dessert.
Ana

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 1:56 AM, <t.d.decker at att.net> wrote:

> -------------- Original message from Stefan li Rous <
> StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>: --------------
> > The store had these small bananas, as well. I guess I'll have to go
> > back armed with a ruler and/or a camera. Perhaps I am mis-remembering
> > the size some, but they were definitely smaller than the regular
> > bananas.
> >
> > I'll have to try one of these "finger" bananas. I had assumed they
> > were just picked sooner. My doctor wants me to reduce my potassium(?)
> > intake, but I imagine one or two will be okay.
> >
> > Stefan
>
> There are a number of dwarf banana varieties.  The "finger" bananas are
> full size.  The most common ones in U.S. markets are dwarf red and dwarf
> cavendish.
>
> Bear

http://anavaldes.wordpress.com
http://passagenwerk.wordpress.com
http://caravia.stumbleupon.com
http://www.crusading.se
Gondolgatan 2 l tr
12832 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long
to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci