[Sca-cooks] recipes for plantains?

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 06:24:22 PST 2009

Not sure what we were eating...after all this was Papua New Guinea in the
1970's!  The locals called them finger bananas, but who knows!  All I know
is that they were literally finger-sized and very, very sweet.  As I said,
plantains were larger than regular bananas and had a thicker, usually green,
green to black or blackish skin.  They had a more starchy, less sweet
taste.

Kiri