[Sca-cooks] maize and cubits

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 29 10:41:25 PST 2009

In the bibliography section of the Oxford Companion to Food, there is this listing, which I think needs to be found and read:

Jeffreys, M.D.W. (1975) 'Pre-Columbian Maize in the Old World', in Margaret L. Arnott (ed.) "Gastronomy", The Hague: Mouton.

In the article on maize in the Oxford Companion to Food, it specifically cites this article but also calls it controversial.

Huette