[Sca-cooks] non-grape period wines

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Oct 16 09:23:29 PDT 2009

Could be. They started printing Arnold de Villanova in the early 16th
century
so portions of works attributed to him probably appear in a number of
places.

Markham improved the 1616 edition and tailored to an English audience.
We know he often borrowed too. This advice all gets recycled to some
extent in
The English Housewife.

I think the citation to there being an English 1658 English edition
up now on Google Books is wrong.
I think that's just another French edition.

Johnnae