[Sca-cooks] green tomatoes
kiridono at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 08:17:01 PDT 2009
Green Tomato and Onion chutney
2 pounds green tomatoes (1kg)
1 pound onions (500 gr)
1 pound cooking apples (500gr)
2 1/4 C wine vinegar - but I used cider vinegar (575 mL)
1 1/2 C golden raisins/sultanas (8 oz/250 gr)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 T chopped ginger
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper
1. Chop the tomatoes, peel and chop the onions, and peel, core, and chop
the apples. (Chop the optional red pepper.)
2. Place in non-reactive pan and add half the vinegar.
3. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, over medium heat for 45 minutes.
4. Add the remaining vinegar and the other ingredients and simmer over
medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the chutney thickens, about 20 -
5. Ladle into hot, sterilized jars. Cover with a cloth and seal when
cold. Will keep for up to 12 months. Makes 2 -3 pints.
Yield: 2 pints
On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 9:36 AM, Margaret Decker <
m.p.decker at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> I also have a green tomato chutney recipe that uses no sugar or artificial
>> sweeteners...great for those of us who are diabetics. Again, will share
>> anyone is interested. I'll probably be making some later today or
> Please !
> Sca-cooks mailing list
> Sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org
More information about the Sca-cooks