[Sca-cooks] Saffron

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 13:41:28 PDT 2009

I don't know all the ins and outs but coupe means cut. It is usually
the middle expensive. It means that the yellow tips have been cut off
leaving only the red. There is the Kashmir that is all red (the most
expensive as far as I know) then the coupe and then there is the lower
grade that still has the yellow. As for the difference in geographical
regions I'd have to defer to someone else.