[Sca-cooks] OT OOP: Hot Chocolate Mix

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 8 11:39:54 PDT 2009

This is way off topic, but...

I'm the Minister of Sciences for the Principality of the Mists. The
Arts Minister and i are currently trying to raise money to buy a new
pavilion for Mists A&S. We're planning to have fundraising breakfasts
Sat 17 and Sun 18 at Mists Fall Coronet.

We're not serving period food :-( We will be serving pancakes (not
the period kind), some sort of meat on Saturday; and just boiled eggs
and purchased breakfast pastry or bagels on Sunday. Both days we'll
offer hot beverages - coffee and hot water for tea.

I'd like to have hot chocolate for kids, but i *detest* Swiss Miss
(gag, gag). Is there some other relatively inexpensive hot
chocolate/hot cocoa mix that isn't so nasty? The advantage of Swiss
Miss is that it comes in *portion control* packages.

There's a massive get together of cooks to make period food with each
other on Saturday, and i can barely rouse any volunteers to help us.
So i really can't spare someone to supervise "loose" cocoa powder.

Any suggestions? Or am i stuck serving Swiss Miss?
--
Someone sometimes called Urtatim