[Sca-cooks] Saffron

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Oct 27 15:40:10 PDT 2009

On Oct 27, 2009, at 5:36 PM, David Walddon wrote:

> So does anyone know if Saffron prices have gone through the roof?

I recently bought a one-ounce tin (which is a couple of years' worth
for me, normally) in a busy Indian supermarket in the area, and the
price was about four times what I expected to pay. Which, considering
what it costs elsewhere, was less of a bargain than it might otherwise
have been, but still the best deal around.

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter