[Sca-cooks] Planning a feast . . .

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Tue Oct 27 19:46:32 PDT 2009

>Hello everyone . . .
>
>We are going to be putting on a feast in February that has the theme of a
>celebration meal in a Crusader's castle in Syria in the 12th century.  The
>event has a Middle Eastern theme and we wanted to mix up the food a  bit.
>Got any ideas (he asked, confident that there would be many  offerred)?
>Thanks,

Al-Baghdadi is 13th Century middle eastern and al-Warraq is 10th
century middle eastern. Between the two of them, they provide an
enormous range of period recipes from that part of the world.

You can find worked out versions of some of the al-Baghdadi recipes
in the _Miscellany_, on my site. If you want some al-Warraq recipes,
email me and I'll send you some worked out ones that will go in the
next edition of the Miscellany when we get around to doing it.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com