[Sca-cooks] Jewish Chop Suey

Karstyl karstyl at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 12:19:01 PDT 2009

I don't think that would have the same properties as clay, which would
be absorbent and would kind of steam the food after it got wet. Stuff
cooked in unglazed clay is different then stuff cooked in a pan that is
waterproof.

I think that lining a pan with a layer or a few layers of wet parchment
paper might be more similar to clay then a plastic bag or aluminum (my
first thought.)

-Hrefna