[Sca-cooks] Tavern Arrangements WAS An Andalusian Lunch at Red Dragon

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Tue Sep 1 15:09:47 PDT 2009

>You didn't indicate in the instance with the incipient group
>where the profit is going and who is doing the work, but assuming that the
>group working the tavern gets at least some of the profit, I don't see
>anything odd about the situation.

I have no problems with our group helping out the other group, or
funding the costs for their lunch, the group needs help. I'd help
myself if I could.

But it doesnt seem right that they ask me to fund the lunch for our
event out of *my* pocket.  I've cooked a feast and two lunches for
this group before, and never made a big profit, but never lost money
either.  Normally I'd probably just buy everything and turn in the
receipts afterwards, but I'm fighting a layoff at work, and have been
only working 25 hours a week... I just don't have the money.

Ranvaig