[Sca-cooks] Tavern Arrangements WAS An Andalusian Lunch at Red Dragon

Amy Cooper amy.s.cooper at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 14:29:44 PDT 2009

I was autocrat for Clancy Day this year, despite delivering my daughter via
c-section 11 weeks early and just a couple weeks before the event. The way
lunch tavern worked out is that I asked a nearby canton to handle it all -
they fund it, they keep the profit. It worked out decently - they made a
profit. The event was a mild loss, mostly because attendance was low thanks
to a few passing showers first thing on Saturday morning. We may or may not
have done better running the lunch tavern ourselves, but it was a moot
point, since no one was actually available from our group to take care of
lunch. There's only a couple of other folk who do ANY cooking in our group,
and not a single one of us was able to make the event.

I've also run a couple lunch taverns where I split the profit with the
hosting group. You didn't indicate in the instance with the incipient group
where the profit is going and who is doing the work, but assuming that the
group working the tavern gets at least some of the profit, I don't see
anything odd about the situation.

Ilsebet