[Sca-cooks] Food Mill recommendations

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Sep 2 18:25:20 PDT 2009

Hi, I'm back, going through my mail backlog.

I've got a request for advice.

Baby (codenamed Beekman), is now six months old and has added baby cereal
and mushed-up people food to his diet. (Sometimes he gets jarred baby
food, but less often than I get McDonalds', which is often; I've become a
drive-thru addict *sigh*-- anything to not have to undo all those buckles
and do them up again.)

Anyway, rather than pushing peas through a strainer with a spoon, we
figured we'd better invest in a food mill (we have an Osterizer somewhere
in the house, but can we find it since the move? Noooooo. *sigh) We could
buy one of the $10 baby ones but I was thinking to maybe get a good one
and use it for regular cooking later one.

So, any recommendations for a brand/model of non-powered food mill?

--
-- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net