[Sca-cooks] New snack treat OT OP

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sat Sep 5 21:20:27 PDT 2009

On Sep 5, 2009, at 7:38 PM, Johnna Holloway wrote:

> There's a new product hitting the store shelves and it has
> SCA written all over it... it's caffeinated beef jerky, folks.
>
> Perky Jerky is the world's first all-natural performance enhancing
> meat snack. Put simply, we've combined the most tender and flavorful
> beef jerky, with an extra dose of energy (caffeine, from the Guarana
> we add) to provide a jerky experience you won't find anywhere else.
>
> http://www.perkyjerky.com/home.php
>
> Johnnae

On a marginally related note, on my way out this evening to see "Julie
& Julia", which, BTW, we ended up seeing in a theater about a mile
from where it was both filmed and much of the story takes place, and
about three miles from my home, I happened to pass a Taco Bell poster
that confused me for a few moments.

Apparently there is a product called a Gordita, and this Gordita is
filled (I'm assuming) with chicken and Ranch Dressing, hence the name,
Chicken Ranch Gordita.

Am I mistaken in the belief that once upon a time, the phrase "Chicken
Ranch" referred to a profitable, non-food branch of the hospitality
industry?

Could this be a play on words, or another case of letting ignorant
post-teenagers handle the marketing and write the ad copy?

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter