[Sca-cooks] May be a bit OT, but does have to do with herbs and such

Cheri or Anne celticcheri at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 6 09:42:53 PDT 2009

Greetings,

I just received something called a Friendship Ball  http://www.thetwigg ery.com/cgi/ shopper.cgi? preadd=action& key=A002- AF-CFBALL

It is just like that one. I think it would do well for one of those "smell this instead" balls the ladies carried around with them for whenever the ordinary smells around them got to be too much.  I know they were filled with something pleasant to smell.

Anyone have period recipes for such fillings?  Or ideas on what to make?  I have lavender and such.  I even have some beeswax if that could/should be used to hold the ingredients together as the holes are fairly large and whatever I fill it with will need to be either in a fabric bag or bound together in some way.

Thanks for the help!
Anne

Go softly and gently for those you meet here will be
those you know hereafter."