[Sca-cooks] OT: Visiting London exchange rates

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Sep 10 17:18:34 PDT 2009

Actually most of the cards now are slapping on a 1.5 % to 3 percent
exchange
fee. Check with your card before you go about any fees.
(My book orders are arriving with these extra fees these days.)
  Also be sure and let the card know that you
are going abroad so that they don't cancel your card while you are
there.
Olwen had her bank deny her bankcard while she was in Europe this summer
because they thought her card had been stolen. I would make sure that
my bank
knew I was traveling too.

Unfortunately the dollar slid against both the Euro and pound this
week so it's just going
to be damn expensive, even if you eat in Mac's and not out in real
restaurants.
I always run all the prices through a small calculator to see what the
damage is.

Johnna