[Sca-cooks] siting table in Middle-eastern style.

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 10:57:48 PDT 2009

Dame Hauviette d'Anjou (Midrealm cooking Laurel) has published an ebook that
has a wonderful description of how a dinner might have been served at the
Topkapi Palace.  Now, while this is Turkish, it is still Muslim...and
probably wouldn't be all that different from the rest of the Middle East.

I do not have the script for the section that describes the meal, but if
you're interested, you can go to the publisher's  web site (
http://www.tecpublishing.com/Publishing.html).  The book can be downloaded
for $19.  It has a wealth of information in it including period Turkish
recipes, some hitherto unpublished, along with a lot of historical
background material and videos embedded in the recipes that demonstrate
particularly difficult techniques.

But this would at least get you started.

Kiri (and no, I don't get a commission on her sales!)