[Sca-cooks] siting table in Middle-eastern style.

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Sep 11 22:46:05 PDT 2009

Malkin asked:
  <<< . . . not what they ate, but how the meal was structured.  How
does one properly set and serve a meal in the Holy Land, in period?
Anybody know of any references where I would start with to determine
the structure of the Islamic meal?  >>>

A key question is when are you asking about? If I remember some of our
previous discussions on this subject, the way Middle Eastern meals
were served changed during our period of study.

Here is a file with some of our previous commentary on this.

ME-feasts-msg     (20K)  4/ 4/04    Middle Eastern feasts. sitting,
serving.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/ME-feasts-msg.html

Stefan
PS: I think I'm finally employed again, at least for a while. I signed
the papers to do some contract engineering work this afternoon. Now I
just have to fulfill the promises I made...
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com