[Sca-cooks] siting table in Middle-eastern style.

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 06:23:47 PDT 2009

It sounds lovely...but it will involve a lot of work by a lot of people.
And those attending may complain about having to deal with resetting their
tables.  Remember we bring a lot of "stuff" with us to feast...plates,
bowls, drinking vessels, utensils, candles, table covers, napkins, salt
cellars, etc., etc.  it will be a real "pain" to have to collect all of that
stuff, especially as the dishes will be dirty and stand to one side while
the room is reset.  And, depending on the size of the event, the reset could
take a fair amount of time.  What you might want to do is try a run-through
just to see how much time and effort is going to be required...and, even
though it'd be really cool to do (though I don't imagine that it would have
been done in period) it may well prove to be unmanageable.  Quite frankly,
I'd recommend against it!

Kiri (who's getting push-back from her Barony over the idea of doing our
Barony's Investiture feast using what's described in Italian
texts...changing tablecloths).