[Sca-cooks] Onion-riffic

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 09:27:33 PDT 2009

Just don't ever throw the bags of onions through an industrial potato
peeler!

Okay, I was a cook in the army.  We always had tons of potatos, carrots and
onions to deal with.  One day we were in an actual kitchen with working
equipment and got the bright idea that if we could throw the potatoes
through the industrial peeler (basically a big drum with rough "sandpaper"
on the inside and a constant hose of water) then why not the onions!
DUMMIES!  Onions have layers!!!!  Boy what a mess!  We didn't try that
again!

I have peeled my fair share of onions, potatoes and carrots!

Shoshanna