[Sca-cooks] Constantinus Africanus on food and diet, was ...

emilio szabo emilio_szabo at yahoo.it
Thu Sep 17 15:14:26 PDT 2009

Speaking of Constantinus Africanus: at BIUM, two 16th century printed collections of his works are available for download.

Among them is the 1536 edition, which Delany used for his translation of 'De coitu' (299ss.).

http://web2.bium.univ-paris5.fr/livanc/?cote=00128x01&do=chapitre

Looking at the chapter headings, it seems to me, that there is also plenty of stuff on diet, nutrition and food for the sick.

E.