[Sca-cooks] "French Toast"

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Sep 18 09:07:21 PDT 2009

Judith mentioned:
<<< To me, challah
is what you use to make French toast on Sunday mornings. Mmm, French
challah toast. >>>

Why? Because challah is a richer bread with additional egg added to
the bread? Because it is a lighter bread and soaks up more egg
mixture? I think I've only occasionally had challah, although we have
discussed it here.

I seldom have French Toast, so I can't detail the differences, but
Judith you might want to try some of the period recipes for "French
Toast". I think, except perhaps on your sabbath meals, they should
meet your food restrictions.

3-F-Toast-Rec-art  (8K)  8/17/03  "Period French Toast Recipes"
                                      by Lady Hauviette d'Anjou.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/3-F-Toast-Rec-art.html
French-Toast-art  (27K)  3/31/00  "From Lost Bread to French Toast" by
                                      Christianna MacGrain.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/French-Toast-art.html
French-Toast-msg  (21K) 11/14/04  Period French Toast. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/French-Toast-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com