[Sca-cooks] Our Folkmoot October 6th

Judith Epstein judith at ipstenu.org
Fri Sep 18 11:58:26 PDT 2009

On Sep 18, 2009, at 1:49 PM, Elaine Koogler wrote:

> A fun thing we've done is a set up where we have foods from both the
> old and
> new worlds...and talk to them about what might have been used in
> period
> Get the visitor to figure it out...then, whether right or wrong
> explain why.
>
> Kiri

I like this idea. I think it's a great thing to do, to take
"traditional" dishes that are really only 50-300 years old, but that
people just accept as traditional, as sort of trick questions. A month
or two ago, a biryani that involved tomato sauce would've tricked me
(before I met you guys!).

Judith