[Sca-cooks] Our Folkmoot October 6th

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Sep 18 12:16:29 PDT 2009

Kiri suggested:
<<< A fun thing we've done is a set up where we have foods from both
the old and
new worlds...and talk to them about what might have been used in period
Get the visitor to figure it out...then, whether right or wrong
explain why. >>>

Ah yes. The New World-Old World food game. I have used it for several
public demos and it has gone over well. I was requested to do it again
at our next upcoming annual demo.

You can find a number of comments on this game and some other useful
ideas in this Florilegium file in the SCA-EVENT-PLANNING section:

demos-msg        (110K) 12/ 3/08    SCA demos for education and
recruitment.

Stefan
who has a can of fava beans, since he doesn't like them, that keeps
showing up in this food game...
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com