[Sca-cooks] Ka'ak recipe -- someone still looking for one?

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Thu Sep 3 21:25:22 PDT 2009

>I found the recipe for ka'ak from "Aromas of Aleppo." I don't know
>if anyone's still looking for it, or if it was found, but here it
>is, beginning with the introduction to the recipe (page 22, Aromas
>of Aleppo by Poopa Dweck). I hope it helps. -- Judith / no SCA name

Thanks.

But what I was looking for were period Ka'ak recipes. I can find
modern ones online.

So far I have three, all quite different from each other. One is
basically a ring of bread with a core of marzipan, and reasonably
good. One is a sort of square cracker, which would be all right
although a little boring if it didn't have lots of saffron in it, but
it does. One comes out as a rather oily pie crust cookie, not worth
eating, at least as I've done it so far.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com